United States Senator
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (313) 474-2639
- Website: https://petersformichigan.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PetersForMichigan
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/GaryPeters
- Mail: P.O. Box 32072, Detroit, MI 48232
- Donate: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/gary-peters-2?refcode=button
Senator Peters number one priority is making sure that Michigan families can thrive. He is focused on strengthening our middle class by protecting access to quality, affordable health care, preparing Michigan for the jobs of tomorrow, and helping our small businesses grow. As a Senator, his responsibility includes meeting the needs of both Michigan and the entire country.
- Gary advocates for those who live and work in our rural communities. He supports expansion of broadband internet access to support tele-healthcare, remote learning, and precision agriculture. He favors adequate funding for the US Postal Service, which is vital to those living in rural areas and to the support of our cherished free and fair elections.
- Gary has worked to combat climate change and advocated for a Great Lakes drilling ban to protect our lakes from catastrophic oil spills. He successfully fought against budget cuts that would have eliminated funding for the Great Lakes.
- Gary co-sponsored the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to ensure that women get equal pay for equal work, and helped pass bipartisan legislation to increase the number of women working in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math. Gary supported the Violence Against Women Act to reduce intimate partner violence and provide resources to ensure that women can be safe and healthy. He is an advocate of reproductive freedom.
- Sen. Peters top priority as the Ranking Member on the Homeland Security Committee and a member of the Armed Services Committee is keeping our country and those who defend us safe. He has worked to ensure that our military troops serving overseas are cared for, including fighting to get them a pay raise and working to ensure that they have the best equipment to defend our nation. He knows that we have to take care of our service members once they return home, which is why he wrote and passed into law a bill to ensure that those who are struggling with PTSD have access to the care they deserve.
- He wrote and led the passage of critical anti-terrorism legislation, and voted to fund enhanced border security, defending us against illicit drug trafficking and illegal border crossings. Gary also wrote and passed bipartisan legislation to hire hundreds of inspectors to keep contaminated products from entering the US, protecting Michigan’s marketplaces and our nation’s food supply.
Whether fighting for quality, affordable health care, enhancing the opportunities for our all of our citizens, both those in and out of uniform, defending our Great Lakes, protecting public schools, or standing up for small businesses, Gary always puts Michigan first.