In Michigan, state Rep. Beth Griffin served as president of a local branch of ACT for America, which the Southern Poverty Law Center describes as the “largest grassroots anti-Muslim group in America.” Group founder Brigitte Gabriel has said no practicing Muslim can be a “loyal citizen” of the United States. When questioned about it as a candidate in October 2016, Griffin did not dissociate herself from the organization. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/republican-state-lawmakers-white-nationalists-rslc-silent_n_5bcd82e4e4b0a8f17eee0a1d
The Michigan Chamber doesn’t seem to be swayed by allegations of campaign finance violations leveled at Griffin in 2016. They fund her just behind Chatfield and just ahead of DeVos:
TALLY: Top Disclosed Donors To Rep. Griffin And Connected Committees From 2015 Through Today
1. House Republican Campaign Committee, $330,165
2. Beth Griffin, $40,000
3. Chatfield Majority Funds, Lee Chatfield, $19,550
4. Michigan Chamber PAC, $14,500
5. DeVos family, Amway, $14,000
6. Vision for Victory, Kevin Cotter, $10,000
7. Nesbitt Majority Fund, Aric Nesbitt, $10,000
8. DTE Energy PAC, $9,750
9. Michigan Values Leadership Fund, Tom Leonard, $9,500
10. Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association, $8,800
PAW PAW, MI — Van Buren County’s Beth Griffin has been improperly using government funds to further her campaign for the Michigan House of Representatives, the Michigan Democratic Party claims.
They say Griffin, who is a Van Buren County Commissioner, has been using her publicly provided work email to further her campaign. Griffin is the Republican nominee for the 66th State House District. https://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/2016/09/democrats_claim_66th_district.html
Vote for the KCDP endorsee Abby Wheeler for State Representative from Michigan District 66.