Kalamazoo County Democrats’ next biennial fundraiser will be held on Saturday, October 12, 2019
For details follow the link:
2017 KCDP Brown-Todd-Wolpe Celebration
The Brown-Todd-Wolpe celebration is named to honor former State Rep Mary Brown, the late Congressman Paul Todd, and the late Congressman Howard Wolpe.
This celebration is always a great time to look back on the contributions made in the past and to connect with other Democrats to plan our future work.
- Honoring Hon. Caroline Ham and Dr. Cooney
- Remembering Dr Charles Warfield and Dr Michael Liepman
- Guest Speaker: Abdul El-Sayed
- It was held Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 6:00 pm at the Fetzer Center at WMU.
2015 KCDP Brown-Todd-Wolpe Dinner
This was an event to support the Kalamazoo County Democratic Party.
It was held on Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 6:00 pm at the Fetzer Center at WMU.
Featuring Guest Speakers were Congressman Dan Kildee, former State Senator Gretchen Whitmer, and MDP Chair Brandon Dillon.
Iris Salters was honored at the 2015 Dinner. Iris was the President of the Michigan Education Association from 2005-2011 working tirelessly on behalf of Michigan’s educators.
- Honoring Mrs. Iris Salters
- Guest Speakers: MDP Party Chair Brandon Dillon
- Former State Senator Gretchen Whitmer and Congressman Dan Kildee
2013 KCDP Brown-Todd-Wolpe Dinner
Was held Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 5 PM – 9 PM at CityScapes in Kalamazoo. We honored Alexander ‘Sandy’ Lipsey for his years of dedicated service to the community. With special guest Ingham County Clerk Barb Byrum Sponsored by UAW Region 1-D, State Representative Sean McCann, Dr. Timothy Light, Mr. John W. Brown, Dr. Anne Arbetter Fischell & County Commissioner David Buskirk.
- Honoring Alexander Lipsey
- Guest Speaker: Ingham County Clerk Barb Byrum
2011 KCDP Brown-Todd-Wolpe Dinner
Jones died Oct. 17, 2010 of esophageal cancer just weeks before the November election, where he was on the ballot as the Democratic candidate for the 20th State Senate District.
“Bob did so much for our community. We are very honored for the opportunity to present his family with this award,” said David Pawloski, chairman of the KCDP.
Jones served as mayor of Kalamazoo from 1997 to 2005. In 2006, he was elected to the state House, a post he held until his death.
Guest speakers at the event were state Sen. Gretchen Whitmer, leader of the Senate Democrats, and State Rep.Fred Durhal Jr., leader of the Michigan Legislative Black Caucus, a post formerly held by Jones.
- Honoring the life and work of the late Robert B. Jones
- Guest Speakers: State Senator Gretchen Whitmer and State Representative Fred Durhal Jr
- Honoring Anne Wend Lipsey
- Guest Speaker: State Senator Glenn S. Anderson
- Honoring Jo Jacobs
- Speakers: Congressman John Conyers, Jr and Lt Gov. John D. Cherry
- Honoring Organized Labor
- Guests: Governor Jennifer Granholm, Michigan AFL-CIO Mark Gaffney and Central Labor Council Richard Franz